PENTAX K-50 and PENTAX-DA L WR lenses

Comments on Latest News Articles - New Posts not supported in this forum - Replies OK

13 Jun '13 Thu Jun 13, 2013 06:24    
layingback
Site Administrator  Site Administrator
  •  

Post PENTAX K-50 and PENTAX-DA L WR lenses

Click to follow Link to Original Article.

13 Jun '13 Thu Jun 13, 2013 06:30    
layingback
  •  

Post Re: PENTAX K-50 and PENTAX-DA L WR lenses

General conclusion is that this is a K-30 replacement in a more traditional Pentax DSLR style than the K-30. (And relatively few other differences.) Why then the change from a red - or blue - basic colour version to a pink (!) one? Wink

Will add Pentax UK links when ...

EDIT: Pentax UK do have all the new cameras on their site - just no Press Releases and nothing on the front page!

My Own Personal Web Page on PENTAXslr.eu   <-- you can have one too

13 Jun '13 Thu Jun 13, 2013 07:47    
layingback
  •  

It appears that the major differences between the K-30 and the K-50 besides the body/chassis is a higher max ISO (512K vs 256K) and built-in focus assist beam, which I can't remember the K-30 having.

Re the K-50 vs K-500 PF is reporting it as just the lack of viewfinder level and WR, plus not being sold as body only. Which I guess makes the K-500 much better value for money (based on SRS initial pricing of £150 less for like-for-like: ie, Single lens kit).

13 Jun '13 Thu Jun 13, 2013 21:54    
sasastro
Member / f1.4  Member / f1.4
  •  

Park cameras wrote about the cameras on their Blog blog.parkcameras.com/2...-50-k.html

Google +
Flickr
Photo Blog

15 Jun '13 Sat Jun 15, 2013 20:33    
Dangermouse
Founder Member  
  •  

The contours of the grip look much more comfortable than the K-30. Never really understood why Pentax abandoned the shape of the K-m for their entry level DSLR, it was very comfy to hold and didn't look bad either.

The DA-L WR lenses could be interesting, particularly whether the sealing is more or less effective than the existing WR kit lenses.

“Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”
― Mark Twain

K-5, K2, SFX. Lenses from 1975 to 2012

15 Jun '13 Sat Jun 15, 2013 21:18    
layingback
  •  

- Dangermouse

The DA-L WR lenses could be interesting, particularly whether the sealing is more or less effective than the existing WR kit lenses.

Interesting thought. I'd assumed that they were the same, but the see-through image of the lens in the K-50 ad at pentax.co.uk is very different to the similar one for the K-30 at PF. A fairly big scroll-down at both pages.

17 Jun '13 Mon Jun 17, 2013 13:15    
layingback
  •  

I still surprised that PENTAX UK still have not put anything about the K-50, K-500, Q7 or the new Kit Lenses on the Home page of their site, or issued a Press Release - or not posted it on their site if they have released one.

If 2 new DSLR's, a new larger sensor compact and WR lenses aren't worth noting ...

To be clear everything is listed on the site under Products, but you need to (know to) look.

But the image on the Home page - being the Summer Cashback - hypes the K-30 not the K-50, and the Q10 over the Q7!

Are they trying to protect retail stores' existing stock value?

19 Jun '13 Wed Jun 19, 2013 18:57    
Dangermouse
Founder Member  
  •  

I wouldn't be surprised. I notice that the clearance deals on the K-01 seem to have dried up and the original Q is going the same way. SRS have ex-demo white Qs for £59 which I'm sorely tempted by, even though I'd need to source lenses for it (the toy lenses often seem to turn up for £50 or so...). A Q and one of the toy lenses would be a pretty cost-effective bit of fun at those prices...

“Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”
― Mark Twain

K-5, K2, SFX. Lenses from 1975 to 2012

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum