Show Me The Monet

Forum dedicated to feedback and discussion originating from PENTAXdslr Members' Blogs - New Posts not supported in this forum - Replies OK
Reply to topicReply to topic
Go to page  Previous  1, 2 

14 Nov '13 Thu Nov 14, 2013 09:05    
darkskies
Member / f4.0  Member / f4.0
  •  

Post Re: Show Me The Monet

- Charlotte

Congrats DS on getting your K5 at last. I think you are going to love it once you get used to the different controls.

Got used to it now.......with only a few mishaps! Rolling Eyes

Much better camera in all respects than the K-r. The K-r feels cheap now. But then you know all this. I hope you get your K5 back soon.

There's been a hell of a lot of water round here. I've only just been able to get down to the river. We had a lake in the village for only the 2nd time in 8 years.

I know you didn't like the look of the Sigma 10-20 when you tried mine, but that distortion when you move the camera up and down is a symptom of all uwa lenses, I think. Now I've got to grips with mine, I find it more than adequate for my needs (thanks to Dr O telling me what to do!). The 2nd hand price is very good value.

14 Nov '13 Thu Nov 14, 2013 09:38    
layingback
Site Administrator  Site Administrator
  •  

- darkskies

I know you didn't like the look of the Sigma 10-20 when you tried mine, but that distortion when you move the camera up and down is a symptom of all uwa lenses, I think.

Yep! Basic physics. Gonna happen with any lens - photographic of otherwise - which you put in front of your eye that has a focal length shorter than the equivalent of your eye alone. Widely accepted to be just under 50mm on 35mm cameras, so around 35+mm for PENTAX.

So it's far "worse" more pronounced at 10mm than 20. This is one advantage a 12-24, you can reduce this effect more by going up to 24mm. But why use a uwa then, when you can use a wa such as 18-55 instead. (What you can't do is go out to 10mm ...)

My Own Personal Web Page on PENTAXslr.eu   <-- you can have one too

14 Nov '13 Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:53    
darkskies
Member / f4.0  Member / f4.0
  •  

- layingback

But why use a uwa then, when you can use a wa such as 18-55 instead. (What you can't do is go out to 10mm ...)

Less is more! Laughing

I used to have a DA17-70. Beside the fact that I didn't like it much, and it was crap at 17 or around, it wasn't wide enough for some applications. I don't use uw that often, but it is very useful sometimes. I use the K28 much more, actually.

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...
Go to page  Previous  1, 2

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

pentaxslr Non-Human Visitor Terms and Conditions of Use