Photograph Your Slides

Darkroom work, Film Developing, Slide Processing, Printing,and Copying to Digital

7 Feb '12 Tue Feb 07, 2012 14:05    
layingback
Site Administrator  Site Administrator
  •  

Post Photograph Your Slides

Click to follow Link to Original Article.

26 Nov '12 Mon Nov 26, 2012 23:56    
layingback
  •  

Post Re: Photograph Your Slides

I think I've finally found what this device really is ... From a bellows extension version I just found here, I tracked down this, and from there this Accura one. Only real difference besides the Accura name is that mine only has 1 rotation locking screw. And it is one of the later ones with a 49mm thread versus the 52 and 55mm versions available under the Accura label.

Per this citation in Popular Mechanics Aug 1975 via Google Books, the Accura cost $19. About the same price this one was offered on ebay.com in Sept 2012 - and did not gain a single bid! But I include here because it has some excellent close up pictures.

And finally a link to the Accura brand on camera-wiki.org.

Hopefully this will help someone looking for 1 of these, although remember that many are not marked with the Accura name (not even my original box or instructions mentioned any name).

My Own Personal Web Page on PENTAXslr.eu   <-- you can have one too

27 Nov '12 Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:06    
Algernon
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

Pentax also made one similar 'Slide Holder K' with and without a hecoid, but it had a big
disadvantage of not taking film Crying or Very sad

Algi

27 Nov '12 Tue Nov 27, 2012 19:37    
layingback
  •  

Post One For Sale on ebay

FYI, there is one on ebay - labelled as PRISMA - with 0 bids with a day+ to go ...

30 Nov '12 Fri Nov 30, 2012 09:09    
layingback
  •  

And here's another one, but the 2 screws holding the carrier to the main tube are presumably missing. (You'll need to unscrew and separate the holder and reattach piece by piece to get at those screws). And can't see what if any filter adapter it has at other end. But seller is photo dealer so may be able to give answers.

Case from a 2x converter I'd guess, based on the strap loops on side.

9 Apr '16 Sat Apr 09, 2016 14:14    
Algernon
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

I've always used my Pentax Slide Copier K with a Pentax A or M 50mm f/1.7 plus quite a cobbled variety of tubes etc.

Just today realizing that the magnification to fill the APS-C (K5) frame was less than 1:1 I decided to see how the 50mm FA Macro would work. I can't believe how simple it was Shocked All I needed from the camera was'

1): 50mm FA Macro Lens

2): Pentax K to 52mm mount adapter because the copier ends with a K female mount

3): Pentax Slide Copier K with integral focusing helecoid allows size adjustment.

That's it just 2 bits plus the lens Laughing

This allows the lens to be set to A and the slide focused AF or Manual and LV used.

Insert slide point at sky or lamp. Take shot. Simples Mr. Green

I find it better to include some of the slide mount and crop it off later.

It might work with any 1:1 Macro lens..... 100mm etc. providing that the helecoid has enough adjustment.

--

Algi

9 Apr '16 Sat Apr 09, 2016 14:37    
layingback
  •  

Algi, Interesting that you should post today. Just looked on ebay.com and there are no less than 3 of the 'vintage' Accura units up for auction. Well actually 5, but the other 2 are non-variable which makes them applicable to FF only - unless you don't ever want to photograph the whole slide! Laughing

As to how vintage, one of these auction listings cites an included invoice from Spiratone dated 07/08/1963 ...

None on ebay.co.uk.

The big problem I've found with imaging slides is that they are nowhere near as sharp as they seemed to be back in the day, displayed on a projector!

10 Apr '16 Sun Apr 10, 2016 18:19    
Algernon
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

Thanks for the link. Interesting to see how much stuff Accura marketed. Probably US only.

My Pentax K Copier isn't that old the K mount came out about 1976 and it was actually for the Pentax 67.

I might dig out my old Kodak Carousel one day and see if the slides still look as sharp as the used to Laughing

Algi

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

pentaxslr Non-Human Visitor Terms and Conditions of Use