learning 8mm Fisheye

Post your PENTAX dslr/slr photos that do not fit in the specific categories here

28 Aug '16 Sun Aug 28, 2016 18:09    
oldjoe
Member / f4.0  Member / f4.0
  •  

Post learning 8mm Fisheye

28 Aug '16 Sun Aug 28, 2016 21:12    
sasastro
Member / f1.4  Member / f1.4
  •  

Post Re: learning 8mm Fisheye

Looks as if you are learning those lessons Joe, not sure about the mushroom but I like how much can be seen in round the bend

Google +
Flickr
Photo Blog

28 Aug '16 Sun Aug 28, 2016 23:38    
oldjoe
  •  

the mushroom/fungi was awkward to do, lying on the ground. it was about 3" tall and 4-5 wide should have used the Gorillapod but was too lazy to get it out of the car Very Happy . i knew the canal would be interesting as it has a slight bend in it at this point to start with. need to find some buildings next

29 Aug '16 Mon Aug 29, 2016 07:17    
Steve_7HC
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

Fisheye can be a lot of fun - especially if you are prepared to try things you wouldn't with a more normal lens. Looking at some of the more off the wall stuff posted by a Mike Thorn on the Bath - Roman City and all that Flickr site a variable angle LCD monitor would be very useful if trying this approach!

29 Aug '16 Mon Aug 29, 2016 07:29    
oldjoe
  •  

tell me about it Steve, that mushroom was pig to get Very Happy . when i got rid of my Fuji 9500 and bought K7 i could not believe all cameras did not have a movable screen, what a downer that was, still i persevered. the 10-17 would have been the better choice as it is AF and i could nave just sat it in front and pressed the button without looking but wanted to play with the new toy Very Happy

30 Aug '16 Tue Aug 30, 2016 07:08    
Steve_7HC
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

My first digi camera was a Fuji 9600 when I bought it in late 2005. Great little camera - the moveable screen was used on a few occasions only. Cost of memory was exorbitant by current standards and I never had enough to really get the best from it on our trips away in the 2006-07 period when it was my front line body. Got stolen a few weeks back from the glove pocket of my car (wasn't locked) Sad Embarassed .

30 Aug '16 Tue Aug 30, 2016 09:43    
oldjoe
  •  

i read somewhere that the 9600 spawned one of their forensic cameras , basically the same thing with the blocking filter removed. may not be true of course but would not surprise me as the 9500/9600 were highly regarded in the day. i used my old one last year ,as my daughter has it, when i put mine in for a sensor clean. i know i should do it but if it goes wrong on somebody else it is their problem not mine Very Happy

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

pentaxslr Non-Human Visitor Terms and Conditions of Use