Studio Photography, Flash, Daylight and Studio Lights, Flash equipment and use
Reply to topicReply to topic
Go to page  Previous  1, 2 

8 Dec '12 Sat Dec 08, 2012 13:41    
layingback
Site Administrator  Site Administrator
  •  

Post Re: compatable flash units for K5

I've added links to Gareth's last post to assist. Essentially I think all he's saying is that you can use the item he linked to first (and in an earlier reply). But he finds the supplied foot a bit weak for his regular use, so has substituted these other items. But you could start without such niceties.

Note that you can buy additional receivers later, or instead buy package with 1 transmitter + 2, 3, or more receivers depending on how many flashes you want to use simultaneously. (If you already have optical slaves by any chance, then you could get by with just 1 receiver and trigger the rest from that one using the optical slaves.)

My Own Personal Web Page on PENTAXslr.eu   <-- you can have one too

8 Dec '12 Sat Dec 08, 2012 14:50    
cardiff_gareth
Founder Member  
  •  

Ron, using the above clamp, hotshoe PC adaptor and wireless trigger/receiver combo (wireless trigger being the later one thats the same as mine I put up) then you'll have a good degree of adaptability as you can then buy a shoot through brolly / reflector brolly for portraits. you could then position the flash on a standard tripod as the top of the clamp where the flash goes unscrews off to reveal a standard 1/4" tripod thread. You could even then buy a light stand for it to sit on instead so more portable and lastly you could buy more receivers so you can fire off multiple flashes simultaneously using the one camera mounted sender!

Gareth

My outfit: K5ii gripped - Pentax DA* 16-50mm - Sigma 105mm - Sigma 170-500mm - Pentax F 50mm f1.7 - Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 - Metz 48 AF1

My Flickr

My PPG images

500px

8 Dec '12 Sat Dec 08, 2012 14:51    
cardiff_gareth
Founder Member  
  •  

Doh! Posted at the same time !

Gareth

My outfit: K5ii gripped - Pentax DA* 16-50mm - Sigma 105mm - Sigma 170-500mm - Pentax F 50mm f1.7 - Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 - Metz 48 AF1

My Flickr

My PPG images

500px

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...
Go to page  Previous  1, 2

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum