My New Toy

PENTAX Film slrs: technology, equipment, use, tips, tricks of Film

18 Jan '17 Wed Jan 18, 2017 17:38    
sasastro
Member / f1.4  Member / f1.4
  •  

Post My New Toy

It was sitting in a Charity shop, cost me £15. Put new batteries in, all seems to be working, just have to get some 110 film now to try it out.

My New Toy
by sasastro, on Flickr

Google +
Flickr
Photo Blog

19 Jan '17 Thu Jan 19, 2017 09:59    
Steve_7HC
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

Post Re: My New Toy

Keep the film in the fridge Sas, or, if you have the space (and the inclination) get a wine cooler and use that as your film store. I've been using one for the last 10 years or so and put all the film I get in it. So I can shoot film that's waaay out of date without any colour shift due to the dyes deteriorating. I've got 34 rolls all 10 years out of date - mainly a mix of Fuji Velvia and NPS/NPC - which I'm slowly working through.

19 Jan '17 Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:12    
sasastro
Member / f1.4  Member / f1.4
  •  

- Steve_7HC

Keep the film in the fridge Sas, or, if you have the space (and the inclination) get a wine cooler and use that as your film store. I've been using one for the last 10 years or so and put all the film I get in it. So I can shoot film that's waaay out of date without any colour shift due to the dyes deteriorating. I've got 34 rolls all 10 years out of date - mainly a mix of Fuji Velvia and NPS/NPC - which I'm slowly working through.

Cheers Steve, the problem with buying expired film from ebay is that I've no idea how it's been stored. But I shall certainly store any film I get in the fridge, there's more room in the freezer though, can it be stored in a freezer?

Google +
Flickr
Photo Blog

19 Jan '17 Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:14    
Steve_7HC
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

Freezing it is the alternative - only you then need to defrost it before you can use it, so not so good for those spur of the moment grab the camera and go shoots. Would need to be in an airtight container to minimise any ice crystals being created. Most of the e-bay vendors selling film do make some statement as to how it's been stored, so should be easy to avoid the poorly kept film (which is OK if lomo style floats you boat) and pick up rolls that are more likely to be OK. Have to test a roll on something that isn't unrepeatable (buildings etc) so ensuring the batch is OK before going somewhere special.

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

pentaxslr Non-Human Visitor Terms and Conditions of Use