More Infra Red

Post your PENTAX dslr/slr photos that do not fit in the specific categories here

18 Sep '18 Tue Sep 18, 2018 08:38    
Steve_7HC
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

Post More Infra Red

I took my converted K7 to Greece at the beginning of July to see how a Greek Island would photograph in Infra Red - bearing in mind that by July, the vegetation on the island would have been well depleted and that is an important 'assist' with this type of image.

The album is here:

Halki - Infra Red

I was very pleased with the results. I took my K1 and most of my FF lenses (the long zooms were in our suitcases as even EasyJet's quite generous hand luggage allowance couldn't be stretched to include them), so I had the HD D-FA 15-30mm fitted to the K7 most of the time. I also shot the island with an MZS and a full set of FA Ltds using 2 rolls each of Adox Silvermax 100 and Fuji Velvia. Comparing the 4 albums which were usually shot at the same time of day is an interesting exercise in how the various media work in the same environment. I guess it's a different type of pixel peeping!

We're due to go on a short cruise up the Croatian coast soon, so on the results of the what I got on Halki, the K7 and K1 will get a further overseas outing (but not the MZS and its FA Ltd chums).

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

pentaxslr Non-Human Visitor Terms and Conditions of Use